Internship Program Details
This experience gives you the possibility to gain work experience by doing an internship in a foreign country. Our cooperation with distinguished partners and companies enables us to offer this program which covers all relevant types of university careers. internship placements available in various professional areas including marketing, business, human resources, architecture, fashion design, law, medicine and more. Besides, you will practice and improve your Spanish as you spend an unforgettable time. Internships are non paid and available in South America and Spain. Length of each placement varies depending on the host company. As long as you complete a minimum time then the length of the placement can be determined by you.
- Welcome package
- Intercultural workshop,including a welcome lunch/snack
- Escort of the Participant on his or her first day of work to the organization, depending on location
- Internship placement
- Social & cultural activities
- Internship certificate
- 24 hrs emergency phone
- Local mentor
Please bear in mind that unexpected changes may occur within the host organization that may affect the internship or volunteer placement. For this reason, in case of modifications, we ask for the participant's comprehension and predisposition.
A Standard Internship is an existing Internship position within our Host Organizations.These available placements are actually published in our website. You can select the placement according to your academic needs and your professional profile.
A“customized Internship” is a placement option not published on the COINED website, but located in the destinations proposed by COINED for the Standard Internship.To apply for this type of internship, applicant and Study Abroad Advisor discuss together the possibility of finding a placement according with the applicant's interests, profile, academic background and availability. Customized placements are only available once the Study Abroad Advisor confirm the posibility to find an internship placement according with applicant's requirements.
These Internships are especially designed for those Participants that are looking for hands-on work experience in the real world aligned to their academic studies. The Non-Paid Internships are structured on the Participants’ objectives and what they’d like to achieve out of the program. The main goal is for the Participant to achieve their objectives.
Non-Paid Internships are available for both Standard and Customized modalities.
A Paid Internship is the perfect option for those Participants who want to get a valuable experience into the working world and earn some extra cash. It's a job in the Participant’s chosen field that offers a training in his/her field and a cash incentive. The pocket money is usually less than the one the Participant would make if he/she worked in a standard job, but it's enough to live on.
- Age: 18 - 35
- University student or graduated
- Correlation between your studies and/or work experience and the field of work you request for your Internship
- Profile: flexible, responsible, adaptable to other cultures, lifestyles and conceptions of work
- Commitment to the Host Organization, its rules and tasks
- Respect start and end dates of the program according on your nationality and legal
- requirements of the entry country
- Level of Spanish: intermediate +
- Accident, illness and third party liability insurance coverage
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Internship*
* Latin American students applying for Internships in Spain must have a valid EU passport